Re: Good N connectors for LMR400?

on 1/28/03 2:15 PM, randy@uglyfrog.com at randy@uglyfrog.com wrote:

> The local electronic stores only seem to carry the crimp type.  I have found
> Amphenol RF part number 82-202-1006 available on the web from between $5.00
> and
> $9.00 each. Itís described as being for 9913 but some sites say it is for LMR-
> 400 also.  Will it work for LMR-400 Ultraflex?

Yes, it will work fine.  9913 and LMR-400UF are equivalent cable sizes.

While Amphenol is a competitor to a line I sell to OEMs (hi!), they are a
very good and very quality connector.

> Is there a better grade of connector? If so were can I order it from?

You could probably get a stainless steel or white bronze type N from
somewhere, but it wouldn't buy you anything for your application!  Go for
it.  You're fine.

73,

Jon
NA9D