RE: Dish stacking

I don't remember if it was in CQ or in QST, but within the last year, there
was an article on the Very Small Array, located (I think) in Pennsylvania.

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Leblanc (VE2DWE) [mailto:luclebla@sorel-tracy.qc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 1:58 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Dish stacking

When browsing i fell on the following text. Did any one ever tested dish or
BBQ grill stacked system?

The Very Large Array, one of the world's premier astronomical radio
observatories, consists of
27 radio antennas in a Y-shaped configuration on the Plains of San Agustin
fifty miles west of
Socorro, New Mexico. Each antenna is 25 meters (81 feet) in diameter. The
data from the
antennas is combined electronically to give the resolution of an antenna
36km (22 miles) across,
with the sensitivity of a dish 130 meters (422 feet) in diameter. {HYPERLINK
"/vla/html/vlahome/vlaoverview.html"}

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE (AMSAT 33583)
Coordonnateur AMSAT pour le Québec
Quebec AMSAT coordinator
          http://www.qsl.net/ve2dwe/
C.P.341
Sorel-Tracy QC.
Canada
J3P 5N6

----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA. To