frequency display in satellite tracking software

At a hamfest this weekend I was showing off the frequency display and radio
interface functions of SatPC32 with my FT-847.  Somebody at the hamfest told
me that the latest version of Nova has a frequency display, so today I
looked up that feature on the Nova web site.  The description bluntly says
"this readout does not control radios".  Hmmmm.  Maybe it's just a
"calculator" for the user to manually enter a downlink frequency and then
determine the corresponding uplink frequency adjusted for Doppler, converter
offsets, etc.  Am I interpreting that correctly?

If so, that makes me far MORE impressed with the power and utility of the
frequency displays in SatPC32 which interfaces to radios such as FT-847,
FT-736, TS-2000, IC-910, and IC-821.  Adjusting the SatPC32 frequency
display actually tunes the radio.  The vast majority of the time I operate
my FT-847 radio normally, tuning across the transponder with the main tuning
knob and adjusting the TX offset with the Sub Tune knob.  The
computer-controlled Doppler tuning automatically pauses when I tune the
radio, and resumes immediately after I stop tuning the radio. I can even
leave the radio's "track" function on without confusing the Doppler tuning
software.  The main SatPC32 display window continuously displays the actual
"antenna" frequencies, uplink and downlink Doppler shifts, and amount of "TX
offset" correction.

By the way, in my previous message to amsat-bb announcing SatPC32 11.0, I
forgot to mention that the SatPC32 author DK1TB has donated the English
version to AMSAT-NA.  100% of the purchase price goes to support AMSAT.

Go here to see screen shots and download a demo version:
http://www.dk1tb.de/indexeng.htm <http://www.dk1tb.de/indexeng.htm>

Go here to purchase the "registered" version from AMSAT:
http://www.amsat.org/amsat/catalog/software.html#satpc32
<http://www.amsat.org/amsat/catalog/software.html#satpc32>

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA