dish paint

I wish to thank all those who responded to my question about the dish
paint.....zinc oxide primer.  I will continue with my project.  One
suggestion I received from a friend who paints fences.  He said wash it
down with vinigar first.  I guess it has enough acid to cut any oxide
that formed on the raw aluminum.  I will try it!

........thanks again.....................Hank, N8ANR