Re: AO-10 Heard in ITALY

on 1/26/03 3:09 AM, John Charles at John@midmarsh.demon.co.uk wrote:

> Tried things out here.
> AO-10 in range.
> Tone heard on 145.807 MHz
> Switch computer off - no tone
> Switch computer on - tone back on frequency again.
> Funny thing is it appears to exhibit some fade.
>
> Out of interest the last time I definitely heard AO-10 working was on
> 25th October 2002 when I heard my own weak downlink but had no replies
> to my CQ calls :(

One other question:  Does the signal go away when you move your antennas
away from the bird?  I have had several tones that appear in that same area
of the band and sound just like AO-10s beacon.  But when I move my antennas,
nothing changes with the tone.  And is the tone gone when AO-10 is out of
range?

OK, that was two questions. :-)

If the answer to both is yes, then you probably heard our old friend.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden