Re: QSO party: ends 1/27 or orbit #1029?

> Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:41:48 -0800
> From: Greg LaHaie <greglh@gte.net>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] QSO party: ends 1/27 or orbit #1029?
>
> I'm confused.... has the 'extension' of the QSO party timetable been
> adjusted to include orbit #1030 on 1/27/03?
>
> According to Nova , there is not any part of orbit 1029 that occurs on
> Sunday 1/27. Yet  the rules say orbit 1029 is the last orbit for QSO's.
> It also says the ending date is Sunday 1/27.

I suspect that this is a matter of there being NORAD orbit
numbers and AMSAT orbit numbers.  In general, people and
software use orbit numbers without labeling them as
"NORAD orbit number" or "AMSAT orbit number".  You just
have to know which one is being used and how to convert
between one and the other for the particular satellite in
question.

I suspect that the QSO party was described in AMSAT orbit
numbers and Nova wants to use NORAD orbit numbers.

-tjs