Dxpedition to Svalbaard (JW) includes LEO satellites

A team of operators, namely SM0BSO, SM0LQB and SM1TDE, from club SL0ZS will operate JW/homecall from the QTH of JW5E in Longyearbyen on Spitsbergen between February 24 and March 1.

We will be QRV on 160-2m CW/SSB/RTTY as well as SSTV and other "sound card modes".   One station will be devoted to 6m and another one to the satellites (AO-7, AO-10, UO-14, FO-20, FO-29).

QSL via respective home call, bureau or direct.

More info at: http://w1.865.telia.com/~u86523219/JW03.htm <http://w1.865.telia.com/~u86523219/JW03.htm>

(W9AE writing now)  Visiting Norwegian hams regularly operate the JW5E club station on the HF bands.  This is interesting because it's a Swedish club group operating, and because they will operate satellites.  On FO-20 and FO-29 they will be able to work hams in the Eastern and north central parts of the continental United States.  From my Chicago area location I have 3 minute windows.  Unfortunately, Svalbaard is so far north and the AO40 orbit is currently so far south that AO40 is basically unusable at Svalbaard's arctic latitude.  The maximum elevation of AO40 from Svalbaard is only about 1 degree.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA