RE: AO-40 QSO Party

SENT TO MY E-MAIL 'IN ERROR'  PLEASE DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!!!  I AM NOT
INTERESTED

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Lee
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 9:22 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] AO-40 QSO Party

Considering that the AO-40 QSO Party is coming up this weekend, 24-27 Jan
UTC, I'm wondering what ideas people might have to make the event successful
and minimize disruption to those who are on the satellite but not
participating in the QSO party.  I'll start with three suggestions.

1.  Make sure your signal is 10db below the level of the MB. I leave one VFO
tuned to the MB and it is easy to compare my level to the MB with just two
button pushes.

2.  Pick a spot in the passband away from the usual active area just above
the MB.  I suggest either MB+75 kHz and above or MB-25KHz and below.
Remember the passband is 250 kHz wide and extends from 2401.225 to 2041.475.

3.  Try to keep an "operating event" or "party" attitude.  It will only take
a few aggressive big guns to make people decide that these type of events
should never again be held on satellites.

73,
Lee-KU4OS