Re: AIDC 3733 downconverter cold weather problems

At 07:50 PM 1/22/03 -0500, Bruce Nolte N3LSY <brucenol@abs.net> wrote:
>>Now to add to the confusion, while I can hear the local signal source I can't
>>copy AO-40.  I use NOVA to track the bird and I follow the times it is
>>visible,  squint and MA so that I have an idea when to look for the signal
>>from the bird.

I leave my 3733 continuously plugged in. I find it was quite stable at -2
below the other night, but when the temp is 50 degrees or more I get more
instability.  I suspect you're not hearing AO-40 because you're not pointed
at the bird.  If you're a little off, you might not hear anything.