WCRA hamfest in St. Charles, IL on Jan. 26

There will be an AMSAT booth at the WCRA hamfest in St. Charles, Illinois on
January 26.  The hamfest hours are 8 AM until 1 PM.  The AMSAT booth will be
in the northeast corner of the South Hall.  We will be selling AMSAT
publications, software, and trinkets.  We will be demonstrating several
satellite tracking programs on laptop computers.

W9AE and K9PO are the main volunteers for the AMSAT booth, but we would
welcome help from anybody else who is willing to spend some time there
helping out with sales, answering questions, etc.

An AO40 demo station will be on the air for the last hour of the hamfest.
AO40 rises just before noon with excellent squint and a window that covers
all of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East.  There should be lots of
activity on AO40 for visitors to hear and work.  Be sure to say hi if you
hear us on AO40.  We will also have an "Easy Sat" portable station on
display, but we don't plan to use it because the temperature will be VERY
cold outside.

The hamfest is at the Kane County Fairgrounds, on Randall Road 1/2 mile
south of IL Hwy 64.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA