Re: Farewell SO-43 -- SK tonight

Maybe I'm missing something here ... but WHY is it coming down so soon. I'd
expect it to stay up for another ten years or so. Possible reasons could be
human intervention; elliptical orbit; extremely low mass, but none of these
seem to apply in this case. After all, Bob's PC-sat ain't coming home yet
(or is it ?)
<<

They purposly burned the upper stage after all the other birds had been
released (including PCSAT) to place SO-43 in a much lower orbit.  I would
guess they lowered it so it could be easier to see.

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX