Re: JI5MFZ <-> JA1AUH K band QSO

Reinhard,

the indicated power levels are normal for
this "abnormal" alligator situation.

Considering that only the MB was on during MA's
126/127, the U band RX telemetry indicates a
suppression of 10 ... 17 dB during this time :(

Neither L1 or L2 AGC readings budged from 0
during the orbit.

During MA's 130 ... 131.8 the AGC was averaging
13 dB. Considering the original design target
of 10 W to a 20 el. RHCP Yagi for U band uplink,
the extra couple of dB's of pathloss due to
higher apogee and the AGC levels, the stated
EIRPC powers are entirely normal. Even a bit
on the low side actually...

It is very unfortunate that everybody is running
such high power levels, but if you want to get
heard, you have to defeat the desensitization
caused by other ham colleagues :(

I think you forgot your antenna still has
some gain :-)

Best 73's,
Michael, OH2AUE