Yaesu 5400 rotator problem

Hi All
we have a  problem with the Yaesu 5400 rotator at the GB2NSC station.
When holding down the elevation up button the indicator stays at zero then
after a few seconds goes to full scale deflection ,I don't know if the
antennas are moving or not,all cables and connectors have been checked at
the controller end.Azimuth looks OK any ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards Robert G8ATE