Re: speech compressor for 847

Greg K7YDL wrote:

Has anyone used an outboard speech compressor on the yaesu FT847 for SSB
use on AO40 with good results?  I see several (basically marketed to the
Yaesu 817) that
look interesting. The DYC-817 in particular.

Wayne W9AE replies:

I just ordered one from http://www.box73.com , so I will report how it works
with the FT-847.  It might come in handy for portable AO40 operation where
my uplink antenna is marginal.  Hopefully I will receive it and get it built
before I depart (in 4 weeks) for my Guadeloupe AO40 DXpedition.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA