RE: Dish sizes and local government/ BBQ dishes -REPLY to REPLY-

Gunther.  I can go off board with this if you would prefer but the issue
might benefit the entire board.

I am President of our Community Association.  (The Clear Lake City Community
Association...we have a web site).  There is little any association can do
to prevent ANYONE from putting up any dish antenna 1 meter or less.  The
"trick" might be that (and have to read the law but can ask our manager if
you would like) that I think it has to be for the reception of direct
broadcast satellite service.

I dont know what you have told them but in my opinion any association that
is splitting hairs here is probably wasting someones time (trust me there
are always bigger problems).  I got involved in our association when one
individual became a real tyrant in all matters and that included amateur
radio.  Oddly enough as its turned out the board of trustees now consist of
a majority of hams.

We havent changed a thing about the amateur radio provisions except we wrote
a policy that limited tower height to 65 feet and put into effect a formal
application process.  To date we have approved all installations requested,
had zero complaints about them and as an aside I think that our "dish"
policy has approved ones up to 14 feet.

Where I think that the ARRL and others are missing the boat is in not urging
"hams" to run for boards of trustees.  There is so much "misinformation" in
the general public about amateur radio that its really a public relations
effort to "clean" it up and when you do most of the "noise" goes away.

When I ran for the board my opponent tried to make ham radio and my
tower/VHF Arrays an issue.  He lost.

Robert

Robert Oler WB5MZO Houston TX