From: Mike Branda [mailto:mbranda@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 10:20 AM
To: 'Gunther Meisse'
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] Dish sizes and local government/ BBQ dishes
-REPLY -

I have misplaced my reference but a number of years ago, the FCC issued
a rule that local governments nor homeowner's associations, nor
covenants could restrict the use of a direct tv or wireless tv dish as
long as it was under 1m in size.  The only exception was for
preservation of the look of historic buildings, etc.  This was the
result of very heavy campaigning by the dbs industry.  Congress passed a
law requiring the FCC to create the rule.

Note that this does not apply to HAM antennas, only commercial tv, since
this is interstate commerce over which the federal government has
jurisdiction.

If I find the reference I will send it on to you.

Mike Branda
K4HN
VE ARRL & W5YI