I970A radio no trx on 440 side? help

   Hello all:

        Got a I970A Satillite radio.  Tried to transmit on 440 for the
contest this last weekend.  Did not get any power on the swr meter and am
not getting a frequency reading on a 589B MFJ freqency counter setting.
The  m/s  main/subband switch is pushed to alternate 144 and 440
frequencies.  Just wondering if there is a switch that i am missing to
block the 440 side.  Glanced through the mannul several times reading
various sections but nothing seems to represent my situation.  Can anyone
give some pointers before this goes in for repair.

Gene   N8YRF