FT-847 PKT port problem.????

About a week ago my 847 started having a strange problem.?  When I plug in
the packet port for 96 or 12 baud packet the audio shuts off.?? when I
unplug it every thing seems to be ok. Now this is in SAT mode and Regular
Mode and in VFO A and B mode (split). I can use the same TNC's (Kam 9612 and
Kamplus) with the SAME cable on two different FT-8500's and ALL is ok
so I don't think its the tnc's or the cable.? ((I wish it was))

Can any one out there help.?????
Thank You very much.!

Ve3hsc
144.214 USB