Re: Date format on AMSAT-BB

Send reply to:  	"Matt -VK2DAG-" <vk2dag@bigpond.com>
From:           	"Matt -VK2DAG-" <vk2dag@bigpond.com>

> Could we all please use a date format day(number) month(word) year(number)
> (little/big/bigger) ie 18JAN03?  Or some other standard that everyone is

This is a good suggestion, the standard on the internet is ISO 8601
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

I have tried to make the dates on my web page comform to this but sometimes
something slips by because of local habits.

Nice thing for us hams, we are already familiar with UTC so it doesn't take
much for us to use it.

73...bruce

Bruce Paige, KK5DO
AMSAT VP-User Services & Awards Manager
Houston AMSAT Net - Wed 0200z on W0KIE AMC-7, T5, 7.5Mhz