Re: Re: A dish and environment question

OK. THAT one I have AN answer for (and will be curious to see what other answers come about).

My currently in-place solution is:
-The "native" mount for the dish that attaches it to the stand pipe has a (BIG!) bolt that goes through it horizontally
-That bolt goes through about 6-8" above the bottom of the mount.
-Normally the mount is bolted to the stand pipe with 2 smaller for TVRO use. Naturally we DON'T use those 2 smaller bolt at all since we WANT the dish to turn.
-I bought a trailer hitch ball and some metal flanges (disks with center holes)
-the flanges are big enough in diameter to sit securely on the stand pipe and small enough in diameter to fit inside the mount without binding.
-the trailer hitch ball is attached to the flanges
-the (BIG!) horizontal bolt in the mount rides on top the triler hitch ball with just about NO friction

If you desire I can post a picture or two of these parts. Just ask.

Now I'll let someone else show be the best way to use a spare actuator drive to spin the dish for azimuth.

Thanks!

Lowell
K9LDW