Re: Re: AO-40 AGC study,please read it!

At 11:10 AM 1/16/03 -0800, kgschaffrath@beckman.com wrote:
>A QRP evening a week would be great! I have also been able to copy myself
>at less then 1/2 watt on the uplink. Lately the Over use of power on the
uplink
>has been so brazen that i have been recording signals on my spectrum analyzer
>and 'tagging' them with callsigns,  So before we have to start a web page
hall
>of shame
>maybe some of you guys, (you know darn well who you are) will start to get a
>little reasonable
>with your uplink power levels.
>
>73,
>Keith N6ORS

Yeh Keith, dream on.

Human nature being what it is, I would say this is a losing proposition on
an open-acess satellite.  LEILA was a creative and optimistic idea, but...

So with upcoming digitalization of satellites, I wonder if we won't be
seeing the advent of access codes someday.  You want to work the satellite,
then you register your station and sign a agreement to abide by the "rules
of good conduct".  You are issued a unique access code.  You exceed these
"rules" too often and your access code is revoked!

I expect I will get flamed to "H___" for advancing this idea.

Ed - AL7EB