RE: Cordless phone interference and the law (was:serious S-band Interference problem)

Hi Jon,
	I don't have a clue if analog phones on 2.4 ghz are legal or not. I'm
fairly certain that they are pretty common. One of the hams on the BB owns
one.
	I believe Riley's only interest in the phone is to provide me with a
legal way to find it so I can ask the user to stop interfering with my
satellite operations. It they refuse, then he may get more interested.
	I don't know the power level but I can tell you that the signal is
very strong with lots of reflections. It is very difficult to DF with the
dish because of the signal strength. I can't be completely sure at this
point
but I believe it's not one of my immediate neighbors.
	I guess the cordless phone user wasn't home or something last night
because a was able to listen to AO-40 for over an hour with no problem. I
didn't get on because I was sure that she'd show up the minute I started a
qso.
Steve .. AI7W