Cordless phone interference and the law (was: serious S-band Interference problem)

   I heard from the FCC, specifically from Riley Hollingsworth and I'm
pretty
surprised at the response. Riley is going to research ways that I can DF the
cordless phone interference without listening to the voice. I assume that
means that it's illegal to listen to cordless phone transmissions even if
they are in our amateur bands.
   I don't know what else to say, I'm kind of baffled by this. I guess I'll
wait and see what he comes up with.
Steve .. AI7W