Re: [Mw] Up date on Controller ..

In a message dated 1/14/2003 12:27:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w2drz@madbbs.com writes:

> for those that want to test their 24 GHz systems AO 40 does have a
>  active 24 GHz down link session that is doing down link transmissions
>  from other uplink inputs ..

This is true, however the K Band downlink is in the satellite portion of the
band. 400 bps PSK telemetry beacon is at 24,048.035 +/- doppler.

>  have to check the amsat site for when it is on ..

Best site to check is http://www.amsat-dl.org/journal/adlj-p3d.htm

Currently, K Band is active from MA 126 to MA 132. From MA 126 to 128, it's
the K Band beacon only. The U/L uplinks are turned on from MA 128 to 132.

Signals are very weak due to what we think may be the partial loss of the
transmitter. Currently I'm able to hear the beacon 1-3 dB above my noise
floor with a 0.5 meter dish and ~ 2 dB NF preamp. The next "window" is today
1/14/03 ~2118 UTC. I plan to listen this afternoon from my QTH in Burlington,
VT beginning at 4:18 PM. I'll also do some U band uplink tests in CW ~ 15 KHz
below the beacon.

If you're interested in listening to signals via the K Band transponder,
please visit http://members.aol.com/mike73/

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649