RE: serious S-band Interference problem

> It's not illegal to listen to cordless phones, just cellular
> ones that are
> licensed.  Cordless phones are Part 15 devices that may not cause
> interference and must accept any interference.  Have at it!

Be careful!  I don't know what the situation is in the US, but in Australia,
once the phone network gets involved, the issue falls under
Telecommunications law, which makes it illegal to monitor telephone traffic
in any way - even if it's a harmonic or intermod bleeding into your Rx (that
question appeared from a reader in a scanning mag one day)!  As for
monitoring ordinary radio transmissions, that's no problem here at all.

While I don't know US law, it is possible that while as far as the "radio"
side of things go, there's not a problem, it might be prohibited under
telecommunications laws.  Over here, telco laws can be so confusing I
wouldn't argue anything in court against them, even with a court room full
of lawyers and the judge all on my side! :)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses