Re: primestar ??

>Dave, would you mind going thru the steps you took to optimize the feeds on
>the dishes below? I use a 4 1/2 turn helix on my Primestar 1.0 meter dish
>and would like to optimize it if I can. Thanks.

Sure, no problem, John..., and others who asked...

I have a signal source from DEM...The output is very high so I put it and
the battery in
a gallon can, using variable attenuation, from 10 to 60 db, and put the
device about
100' away across the street from my dish...A radio with no agc provided the
measuring
instrument, and I just started clipping 1/4 turn at a time until I got the
highest
indication.  It think I started with about 8 turns, and wound up with just
about what
you have...I think it was Ed Krome that mentioned that a 1/4 or 3/4 turn
remainder would
give the best signal, and it turned out my result matched one of those......

I used a test helix as an output antenna, the same polarity as the satellite..

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....