From: Steve [mailto:jepsen_st@mindspring.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 10:54 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] serious S-band Interference problem

	It was pointed out to me that it is illegal to record or even listen
to cordless phone calls. I checked and that is indeed true. I have destroyed
all recordings.
	I wonder how I'm to resolve the interference problem when I can't
actually listen to the interfering signal? The signal is in an amateur band
that I am licensed to use. I think I'll write Riley and see what he thinks.

>I have a similar phone...used it as a signal source on several
>d/cs...just unplug the phone line and pick it up. The best part is that
>these are usually multi channel. It may disappear on it's own soon
>enough.
>
>73, Drew, KO4MA

Drew,
	You've given me an idea. I wonder if I couldn't modify one of these
phones to act as a beacon. Can you tell me what the  manufacturer and model
of your 2.4ghz signal generator is?
	re. multi-channel operation. I haven't heard the phone tonight, so
maybe there's hope.

>Chances are she'll decide she needs to keep her $19.95 phone and
>contact the legislators to enact a law where hams can't use the band
>anymore.
>
>Just my 2¢ worth ...
>
>73 de JoAnne WB9JEJ

JoAnne,
	Since I can't actually listen to the signal, there's no way I can
prove that it's interfering, hence the cordless phone user owns the band.
They don't even need to pass a law.

----
Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA. To