RE: serious S-band Interference problem

  I agree with you that transmissions inside an amateur band should
be considered public but I'm going to make sure before I pursue it
any further. If I have an FCC decision in hand, I may be able to avoid
having to protect my rights in court because some cordless phone
user has a lawyer in the family.
     I am looking for an inexpensive converter to setup a DF setup
like you describe. I don't want to take down the converter on my satellite
antenna (although it may come to that if I can't find another converter)
    I'm pretty sure that once I find the phone I can resolve to problem. I
don't think anyone would want to use a phone knowing that they are
being listened to.
    As far as I know, there is no active EMI/RFI team in this area but I
will check with my section manager.