Re: Comparing sat rigs

At 08:20 AM 1/11/03 -0400, Malcolm M. Preston wrote:
>The 847 is enjoyable to use and does all I would like.
>The only significant shortcoming is lack of a cw monitor in that mode on
>satellite operation.  You need an external keyer for ao40.

Hi Malcom,

The 847 DOES have a CW monitor in Satellite mode. I use it all the time
to center my AO-40 CW signal. To access it, push the "MONI" button on the
front panel. You can adjust the sidetone volume using the MENU,
MONI does not work on SSB in satellite mode.
The '847 also has a built-in keyer which works in satellite mode.
73,
Tony AA2TX