re: Comparing sat rigs

Hi Mal N2PL,

>The 847 is enjoyable to use and does all I would like.
>The only significant shortcoming is lack of a cw monitor in that mode on
>satellite operation.  You need an external keyer for ao40.

I dont understand your above remark Mal, I am nearly 100% CW on AO-40
using the 847, you dont need an external keyer.
With your paddle plugged into the key jack, make sure that you press the
PROC/KEYER and MONI buttons (they are the ones below the AGC-F and NB).
This enables the internal keyer and CW monitor.

73, Ray G3IOI