RE: Wireless Internet access

We are facing a problem about that here in France at the moment.
The Wifi channels 1 to 6 are right in the 2400/2450 MHz space sub band.
The other channels 7 to 14 are not in the ham bands.
So the french hams wanting to play with wifi HAVE TO use our satellite sub
band ...
Our REF-Union (french society equivalent to your ARRL) is promoting
presently the use of OM wifi on 2,4 GHz.
We, AMSAT-F, are actually asking REF-Union not to do that.
They don't listen to us at the moment.

Jean-Louis F6AGR
President AMSAT-France