Re: Wireless Internet access

on 1/12/03 11:34 PM, Roy Welch at rdwelch@swbell.net wrote:

> What is the legal status of the type operation described at
> http://www.convergenow.net.  Inquiries reveal it is a 2.4gHz operation.  Is
> it legal and on a non-interference basis?

Yes, it is legal.  The 2.4 GHz band is becoming a favorite for Wireless
Internet.  There's a lot of providers using it.  Not sure why they don't use
one of the LMDS bands, but....

Anyhow, I think it's far enough away from us to avoid any problems.  I
believe it's much higher up in the band and is in the space not shared with
hams.

73,

Jon
NA9D