Re: primestar ??

On Sunday 12 January 2003 09:21, w7lrd@juno.com wrote:
> Hello
> I am currently using the small (36X26) primestar dish with a 3731.  I
> have a 1.2M (54X48) primestar dish.  I am considering putting the 1.2 to
> use.  Questions are:
> Can I use the same 5.5 turn helix for a feed?
> How much more gain will I realize?
> Do any of you have the 1.2 in use?

Sure do,  it works great.  Using just a Transystem converter the typical
beacon signal is five to six 'S' units above the noise on my old FT-726R.
I've experimented with several different helix designs and find that
anything in the five to six turn range appears to work fine.

Pictures at http://algedi.wetnet.net

Ken,  N7IPB