Re: Female "N" connector question?

on 1/12/03 6:28 PM, Joe Leikhim at jleikhim@nettally.com wrote:

> With all this discussion about N connectors I thought I'd pipe in. What
> is the tolerance for the depth of the female contacts below the top edge
> of the connector mating surface? I have a couple jumper cables from
> Pasternack which have compression type female connectors attached.
> Originally I ordered one and it seemed that the contacts were in too far
> (visually comparing with factory made panel types)  and the connection
> seemed intermittent. They sent a replacement right out but it seemed to
> be same way. Friday I went to use the cable again and it seemed not to
> be making contact.

Any good connector spec diagram should have this.  I am looking in my
Radiall catalog right now.  Let me see.

The tip of the pin on the male should be a minimum of 0.021" below the outer
edge of the connector and a maximum of 0.196" below.

The female tip should be a minimum of 0.1493" below the edge and maximum of
0.175".

IMHO, Pasternack's stuff is crap.  I've never been impressed by their work.
I recommend Cable Experts to people.  Cheaper price and better quality.

73,

Jon
NA9D