RE: newbie ao-40 rx results

It doesn't sound too bad, depending on the calibration of your S meter.
Right now 03:00 UTC 01/13/03 I am hearing the beacon S9 with my noise at S4.
With the rough calibration of my FT-990 S meter this shows just about 20db
over the noise. I am using a 12 foot TVRO dish with a tri-band patch feed of
W0LMD design. It is feeding AIDC 3731AA down converted. I presently show a
squint of 20 degrees. Your squint is probably off because you have to add
180 to ALON and reverse the sign of ALAT because the antennas are on the
opposite side of the bird. Hope this helps, and my setup is described in
more detail on my web site. Hope to hear you on AO40 soon.

Gary Gonnella W6RYO
gary@w6ryo.com
http://www.w6ryo.com