newbie ao-40 rx results

Hi all,
I have finally cobbled together the receive components for
my ao-40 station, and I would like to know how it is performing
comparatively. I am hearing the beacon at an s-9, with the preamp
noise floor at an s-5. The satellite is currently at MA 57, and I
am in Southern Oregon. The antenna is a homebrew patch feeding
a 6 foot tvro dish with a transystem downconverter (powered at
too low a voltage temporarily so I am probably loosing some gain here).
Is this signal level what I should expect at present? NOVA says
my squint angle is 156 deg., but I am not sure if this is correct.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Gene Davies
AA6NP