Female "N" connector question?

With all this discussion about N connectors I thought I'd pipe in. What
is the tolerance for the depth of the female contacts below the top edge
of the connector mating surface? I have a couple jumper cables from
Pasternack which have compression type female connectors attached.
Originally I ordered one and it seemed that the contacts were in too far
(visually comparing with factory made panel types)  and the connection
seemed intermittent. They sent a replacement right out but it seemed to
be same way. Friday I went to use the cable again and it seemed not to
be making contact.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
Jleikhim@nettally.com

"Jazz is not dead.  It just smells funny." -F.Z.