N-connector assembly

Woody KJ4SO wrote:

The most likely cause of your problem with the female connector's center
contact was that the center pin on the male connector was improperly
installed and it protruded to far.

Wayne W9AE replies:

This is not a problem when using a "two-part" N connector.  The center pin
is locked into place.  A two-part N connector may not be good up to 12 GHz,
but that doesn't matter to me.  I only need it to be good at 435 MHz.  I'll
take easy, reliable assembly over perfection at a frequency I don't need.

Wayne Estes W9AE
Mundelein, IL, USA