re: SO-50?

SO-50 operates in mode J-FM, with a PL of 67 Hz.  That's shorthand for
436.80 MHz FM voice downlink with a 145.85 MHz FM uplink with a 'sub-
audible' tone of 67 Hz imposed over the voice.  The satellite does not
transmit in the absense of an uplink (unlike AO-27) and is described as
being available as power permits.  I've accessed it with 1/2 W into a
antenna similar to an 'Arrow' and worked several stations.  I've found
it slightly more difficult to use than AO-27.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/news/wsr.new  gives current status of
amateur satellites is given on best as we know, but being updated only
weekly, this mailing list sometimes has more recent information.

73's/good luck!
			 As-Salaam aleikum,

			     -- KD6PAG