Re: IC-910H Question

Hello James,

Saturday, January 11, 2003, 3:49:49 AM, you wrote:

> ICOM 910h owners please give you opinion on your rig. I have decided to look
> further into purchasing one and want know if there anything I should know. I
> have read all the reviews on EHam.net and it didn't give the radio a nice
> start. I know with anything new production run there will a few problems.

I have replaced my FT-736R with an IC910H some one year ago. The
IC-910H is quite convenient for working satellites also under CAT
control. However, it produces much more noise than my old FT-736R, and
only by adding the UT-106 DSP unit and using the noise reduction
function the radio became usable. Soon I noticed a rather large VFO
drift, and I added the quartz oven. With these two accessories it is
OK. But the TX pa is very sensitive against any small mismatch of the
antenna. I only reach the specified output with a dummy load.
Connected to my 70 cm antenna my maximum output is approx. 25 watts. I
have already improved that by pruning with different cable lengths,
which I have inserted.

73,
 Reinhard
 DJ1KM