Re: Sun Kepelerians..

Are you the ghost of Claudius Ptolemy? HI
I've studied this and the mechanics of orbiting bodies.  I'm not an expert,
but I don't believe you can come up with an element set that will track the
sun using the algorithms found in our typical amateur radio satellite
tracking programs.  You might be able to come up with element sets for
around the spring and fall equinox's that might work for a week or
two.  You might also be able to generate keps for the sun that might work
for a few hours tops, and then you'd have to generate a new set in order to
keep tracking, and these  generated element sets would be generated
specific to your location on earth.  That's far more work that it's worth.
Best just buy a copy of InstantTrack and be done with it. Set me straight
Ptolemy.