Re: question the amsat group

>Now to my main question which is Best Sat Radio to buy
>1. FT-847   ?
>2. IC-910H  ?

Hi Jim,

I just had an opportunity to test them both side by side listening to
signals on
AO40, both ssb and cw, and it is the IC-910H hands down!!  So I bought one..

It is replacing an Icom 821 which is an outstanding radio, but the
convenience of
having the "L" mode module internal was the reason for the change.  I still
have
the 821, and I compared it side by side with the 910, and their performance is
about equal in the comparisons I've made...But I intend make more comparisons
before I dispose of the 821.  I have old, tired, "need good audio" ears so I've
grown to be particular in my dotage!!!

One man's opinion....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....