RE: Kenwood B2000

Hi Bob

> I just fell into some money for our ground station and think that a
> black-box Kenwood TS-B2000 on the roof with Computer control would solve a
> lot of problems (150' to the roof).  It is just the TS-2000 without a
> front panel.
>
> Has anyone seen any limitations of trying to use the TS-2000 under only PC
> control without being able to touch any knobs?

You're not going to like this, but personally I find it a awfully difficult
to use without the proper front panel when operating satellites in
particular the linear transponder birds.

The RC-2000 remote head option doesn't really improve things much either.

Also consider that if you want to use automatic Doppler correction through
the serial port, you won't be able to use the ARCP Front Panel software at
the same time.

If you can get the version with the proper front panel, I'd recommend it.

73 Howard G6LVB