Re: TS-2000+satellite

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003 K5OE@aol.com wrote:

> Daniel, The TS-2000 has only one RS-232 port, meaning you can use it for
> controlling the frequency (e.g., via WISP DDE) or you can use it for the
> internal modem--but not both at the same time.

Unless you run APRStk which both tunes the radio to any satelite in view,
and sets the modem to 1200 or 9600 baud and then captures all UI pakckets
and plots any APRS packets.

THis does was not your original quesiton, and APRStk is only interested in
UI packts, so this is not for everyone, but someone SURE NEEDS to get with
it and write a WISP driver of whatever it takes to take advantage of this
singole serial port capability to both fully control the radio and to
fully configure the TNC and listend to all packet satelllllites all in
one...

Im not pushing APRStk, I am only commenting out of frustration that none
of the other EXCELLENT ham radio satellite programs take advantage of this
single serial port, dual 1200/9600 internal TNC, and full radio control
all built into one.  That is why I wrote APRStk, 3 years ago, because no
one else supports it (though by now, I hope some of them do..)

Actually APRStk works with the Kenwood D700 and TH-D7 and probably with
the 2000, but I have never tried the 2000 (dont have one), and it probably
needs some tweaking if ther are any differences in the control program.

See  http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/astars.html

de WB4APR, Bob