Re: TS-2000+satellite

Daniel,
The TS-2000 has only one RS-232 port, meaning you can use it for controlling the frequency (e.g., via WISP DDE) or you can use it for the internal modem--but not both at the same time.  Since you already have an excellent 9600 baud modem, I recommend you continue to use the DSP-2232 and software-control the frequency of the TS-2000 from the PC running WISP DDE (or the KCT tuner).

I am not aware of a 56 K upgrade and suspect there will never be one because of the changes required, not only to the hardware TASCO modem, but also to the IF bandwidth.

73,
Jerry, K5OE