N connectors-failures?

An apparent intermittent antenna connection on my homebrew uplink 70 cm
helical has me wondering if the female N connectors have a tendancy for
the junction of the pin/mating socket to fail (due to mechanical stress
from wind on the cable?)

Anybody had experience with these junctions being problematic? I am
considering a miniscule amount of conductive grease into the socket tip
before mating the connectors and wondered if anybody has tried this before?

Thanks
Greg
K7YDL