Re: FT-847 sample C code for CAT control

Hi Don,

Just a suggestion,

You can download the source code for InstantTune from
www.amsat.org which will do full, "transparent" Doppler
tuning for an FT-847 and most other radios. Though written for
DOS, I designed this with UNIX in mind (before Linux existed)
and it was intentional that it would be straightforward
to port it to UNIX or a derivative like Linux.

You can find an overview of the architecture in
the proceedings of the AMSAT 15th Space Symposium (1997)
"An object-Oriented Approach to Automatic Radio Tuning."

Feel free to STEAL THIS CODE, or whatever you might
need from it, and port it to Linux! :)
The ft847 code is in "ft847.hpp" and "ft847.cpp."

73, good luck and have fun!
Tony AA2TX