SaudiSat-1C named Saudi OSCAR-50

AMSAT has been in contact with Dr. Turki Al Saud, Director,
Space Research Institute (KACST), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia who
is the sponsoring organization for SaudiSat-1C.

I'm forwarding this ahead of the next ANS bulletin publication
because it will be Saturday before this information gets out if
we wait that long.

-----

Bill Tynan W3XO wrote on behalf of AMSAT-NA:

Subject: OSCAR Designation for SaudiSat-1C
Dear Dr. Turki Al Saud,

AMSAT-NA President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH has asked me to handle
issuance of OSCAR numbers.  Therefore, in response to your letter to him
requesting an OSCAR number for SaudiSat-1C, I hereby issue Saudi OSCAR-50
(SO-50) to your new amateur radio spacecraft.  Thus, SO-50 joins a long
line of amateur radio satellites beginning with OSCAR-1 launched in
December, 1961.

On behalf of AMSAT-NA I wish to congratulate you and your associates at
Space Research Institute of KACST on the successful culmination of this
project and hope that amateurs all over the world will have an opportunity
to use SO-50.

Best wishes and 73,

William (Bill) Tynan, W3XO
Board Chairman AMSAT-NA