RE: dual feed problems -- REPLY --

Ed

The 100dB notch filter only has about 0.4db loss at 2401, which will add
slightly to the noise figure.  The logic is that you would need to be using
a reasonably large dish for the L Band uplink (eg >1m) so your rx
performance would then be well above the "average".  So a little bit of
loss isn't going to matter.

The filter must be located between the feed and preamp (if you use one), or
feed and converter if you do not have a preamp.

73

Charlie G3WDG