From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of GARY REED
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2003 9:04 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] IC-910H for sat use

I also am using an IC-910H. I did already install the
DSP and 1.2GHz modules in it. The DSP NB does help with
the excess noise from using the downcoverter in front
of it, but still I am using an attentuator pad. Without
the pad, there is still too much noise and I like using
the DSP in notch mode more. If you are going to use CW
in SAT mode, you also need the CW filter for the sub
band receiver, not just the main. I also like the XCVR.
It does most everything I need it to. Still learning
how to get some of the features to work in the modes I
am using the radio in. All in all a very fine unit.

Gary Reed WE9Y